Monday, January 24, 2011

What a busy time it's been!

In mid-December I decided to bite the bullet and interview a couple caregivers. The second person I called, Tom (name changed for privacy reasons,) seems to be the PERFECT fit and I am very lucky I was able to get in touch with him!  Almost immediately after I met with Tom I was called by another caregiver in the area and he really pressured me to tell him how much I was going to pay for my MMJ.  I am NOT going to say how much I am going to pay for my medicine!  I was so turned off by this guy - I hope I am not proven wrong in my decision.

Right after I had Tom sign my caregiver form, I dropped it in the mail.  I've been waiting for my check to clear and in the meantime I took a road trip to Phoenix to pick up my daughter and twin grandsons.  When we saw them, Jan 5th, it was nearly two months after I last saw them.  How they have grown!  Nate took to me almost right away, Alex took a while.  They come to me when they want a snuggle or are tired and it's so neat to have a baby fall asleep in my arms again.

The trip back was long but I've enjoyed having the boys here!  They traveled very well!

After I got back home I looked to see if my check to the state for my MMJ card had cleared.  It had!  I've been sick with a bad cold or flu (not sure which) so I haven't been able to call Tom to get my first medicine. I'm still very hesitant but after today I think I need something.  Really.  I don't know what I'm going to do first - maybe make some cannibutter - but I need to try something.  I still refuse to smoke it.  I've had a really tough time getting to sleep lately and I've had much more pain and nausea.  One night, while I was in Phoenix, I caught myself saying, "I'll bet some marijuana would really help right now!"  It's quite scary to me, that kind of thinking.  I truly hope I can find relief with medical marijuana.

No comments:

Post a Comment